Home Financing in the UAE
In a world of financial uncertainty, purchasing a home in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) with financing offers a more affordable option compared to other global markets. Here are some key points to consider:
Stability Amid Global Unrest
● Despite global unrest, the UAE’s real estate market has remained active and vibrant over the last three years.
● More people are considering buying homes in the UAE due to low lending rates, housing options, and supportive long-term habitation laws.
Dubai Leads the Way
● While demand is rising in cities like Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, and Ras Al Khaimah, Dubai remains the leader in the domestic real estate market.
Interest Rate Considerations
● The UAE dirham is pegged to the US dollar, which means borrowers are affected by interest rate adjustments made by the US Federal Reserve to combat inflation.
● Since 2022, there have been 11 rate increases, particularly affecting those with variable interest rates.
Comparatively Affordable Financing
● Despite rate increases, financing a home in the UAE is still more cost-effective than in the US, where home loan rates have reached a 22-year high of over 7%.
Managing Your Finances
● Review your current mortgage payment schedule and understand the impact of potential rate increases.
● Consider prepayment options to shield yourself from rising prices, even though early payment may incur a fee.
Mortgage Management Options
● Refinancing has become a popular choice for homeowners due to escalating rate increases.
● It allows you to alter mortgage terms, rates, borrowing time, and payment schedules.
● However, refinancing comes with additional expenses like valuation and early settlement fees.
● Digital platforms offer convenience, allowing you to search for and finance a property in one location.
● Online pre-approval for refinancing and accessing bank offers is now possible, saving you time and effort.
The Promising Future
● With only one more rate hike expected in the year, homeowners need to focus on the long term.
● Weight changes in your payment schedule against potential property value increases and tax-free rental income.
● The UAE offers high rental yields (typically 7-10%) and attractive capital gains, making it a lucrative investment.
Maintaining Financial Health
● Avoid missing payments, as this can negatively impact your credit report.
● Assess your ability to handle additional expenses and explore refinancing for better terms, rates, and tenures.
● Mortgage rates may remain stable or even decline as the US Federal Reserve concludes interest rate increases.
A Promising Investment Destination
● UAE homeowners can take pride in choosing one of the world’s fastest-growing property investment destinations, offering great returns, high-quality living, and affordable financing.
In conclusion, the UAE’s real estate market, with its affordable financing options, remains a promising choice for those seeking a stable and profitable investment in a volatile global market.