Service Charge For A Property
When you own a property in Dubai, it’s important to be aware of the service charges associated with it. Service charges cover the maintenance and maintenance of common areas in residential communities, such as gardens, swimming pools, and security services. These fees are important for ensuring your property remains in good condition. But how can you find out the exact service charge for your property in Dubai? In this blog, we’ll guide you through the process in simple terms.
Finding Service Charge For A Property
Consult Your Developer or Community Management:
- The first step to discovering your property’s service charge is to contact your property developer or the community management company. They can provide you with detailed information about your service charges. They may even have an official rate card.
Review Your Title Deed:
Your property’s title deed contains information about service charges, although it might not be very detailed. It typically includes a general reference to service charges and their calculation method.
Visit the Dubai Land Department Website:
The Dubai Land Department (DLD) has an online platform where you can find information about service charges for various communities in Dubai. Follow these steps:
- Steps to Find Service Charges on the DLD Website
|1||Go to the Dubai Land Department’s website (www.dubailand.gov.ae)|
|2||Click on ‘Services’ in the top menu.|
|3||Under ‘Real Estate Services,’ select ‘E-services.’|
|4||Choose ‘Service Charges Guide.’|
|5||Enter your property’s details, including the community name and location, to find the service charge rates for your area.|
Contact the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA):
In some cases, DEWA might have information on service charges, especially if water and electricity are included in your service charges. Contact DEWA to inquire about any available details.
Understanding the Service Charge Calculation
Service charges in Dubai are typically calculated per square foot. The formula may look like this:
ServiceCharge=(TotalExpenses/TotalAreaoftheCommunity) ∗ YourProperty’sArea
- Total Expenses: The overall cost of maintaining the community.
- Total Area of the Community: The total land area of the community.
- Your Property’s Area: The size of your property in square feet.
- Service charges can vary significantly from one community to another. Newer and more luxurious developments tend to have higher service charges due to the maintenance of high-end amenities.
- Be aware that service charges may increase over time as a community ages or requires more maintenance.
Locating the service charge for your property in Dubai is a straightforward process that involves reaching out to the right authorities or consulting the Dubai Land Department website. Understanding these charges is crucial to budgeting for the maintenance of your property. Keep in mind that it’s always wise to verify service charges through official channels to ensure accuracy and reliability.