The World Islands in Dubai
The World Islands, also known as The World, is a remarkable real estate project in Dubai developed by Nakheel Properties. It comprises 300 man-made islands designed in the shape of a global map, with each cluster named after one of the seven continents. Located approximately 4 km off the Jumeirah coastline, The World Islands offers a cosmopolitan experience with luxurious living, world-class entertainment, and iconic attractions.
Check out more properties : Click Here
Project Development and Facts
- The project, initially announced in 2003, began with 200 islands and later expanded to 300 by 2004.
- The islands were constructed through extensive land reclamation efforts, using millions of tons of sand and rock. Two breakwaters shield the islands from sea waves.
- The World Islands cover an area of nearly 600 million sq. ft, measuring 9 km in width and 7 km from the south pole to the north pole.
- Dubai World Security ensures round-the-clock marine security for The World Islands.
- The World Islands are divided into seven sets of islands, each representing a different continent.
- Most islands remain undeveloped, but notable ones include Ireland Island in Europe and Shanghai Island in Asia.
- Isla Moda, a fashion island, was announced in 2008, where designers from around the world are invited to create unique elements.
- Royal Island Beach Club, located on Lebanon Island, opened in 2012, offering a private beach club experience with various amenities.
The World Islands offer a variety of properties, including luxury apartments, standalone villas, hotel apartments, and residential plots for sale.
- Studio apartments in The World Islands are available for prices ranging from AED 1.1M to AED 6.5M.
- One-bedroom units start at AED 1.4M and can go up to AED 17M.
- For a two-bedroom apartment, the starting price is AED 4.1M.
- Villas vary in size and cost, with two-bedroom villas starting at about AED 13M, and six-bedroom villas reaching AED 63M.
Popular Communities in World Islands in Dubai
Highly demanded locations within The World Islands include The Heart of Europe, Sweden Island, and Zuha Island.
- Côte d’Azur Monaco Hotel and Anantara World Islands Dubai Resort are two popular hotels within The World Islands.
- The Anantara Resort, located within the South American region, offers various accommodations and private beach access.
- Côte d’Azur Monaco Hotel is part of The Heart of Europe development.
Transportation and Access to World Islands
- Due to ongoing development, transportation to and from The World Islands is limited.
- A 15-minute boat ride from Palm Jumeirah provides access to The World Islands, and air travel is also an option.
Dining and Nightlife in World Islands in Dubai
- Currently, most restaurants in The World Islands are part of hotels, such as La Brasserie & Raining Street in Côte d’Azur Monaco Hotel, offering French cuisine.
- Anantara World Islands Dubai Resort includes restaurants like Luna, Helios, Qamar, and HamacLand, offering a range of international cuisines and beautiful views.
The World Islands are surrounded by pristine beaches, accessible to property owners and hotel guests.
Leisure and Landmarks
- The Heart of Europe, still under development, is a prominent landmark.
- Isla Moda Island and Nakheel’s Coral Island Resort are highly anticipated leisure destinations.
- In the meantime, the Royal Island Beach Club on Lebanon Island offers a place for leisure.
The World Islands is primarily a project for staycation facilities, and many residential communities are still in development.
The World Islands offers a glimpse into a luxurious and unique real estate venture in Dubai, promising a cosmopolitan lifestyle with stunning landscapes and world-class amenities.